Highly regarded nonprofit organization headquartered in Novato seeking a sharp, polished, responsive, professional to work in a part philanthropic advising, part compliance monitoring and part knowledge management role.
With strong listening skills and a client-centric focus, you thrive in a consultative role, honing in on just the right questions to deepen and further your understanding of the donors and advisors with whom you partner.
You thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment, are highly responsive and take great pleasure in exceeding expectations. Your communication skills are superb, your synthesizing abilities highly developed.
- Oversee relationships with 100+ organization and designated beneficiary funds which are designed for nonprofit groups, schools or religious organizations as part of their overall fundraising strategy.
- Provide administrative oversight, compliance monitoring, grant making facilitation and support to the primary fund contacts.
- Support and advise a portfolio of 60+ donor fund holders (with balances under $500,000) which includes onboarding, administrative oversight, compliance monitoring, basic research, philanthropic advising, fiscal analysis and grant making facilitation.
- Communicate with nonprofits to remain informed about programs and funding needs that fall within a clients’ current and prospective areas of interest.
- Be responsible for the collection, curation and distribution of community knowledge – in conjunction with other organization advisors – ensuring the information is accessible for use by staff and donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A./B.S. degree strongly preferred.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the ability to effectively utilize proprietary software.
- Five or more years of work experience directly related to four or more essential functions of the position listed below.
- Desire and skills to provide extraordinary customer service.
- Experience and interest in serving donors and/or high-net worth individuals.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to gather, distill and communicate information clearly. Public speaking skills are a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple competing assignments, responsibilities and client projects.
- An understanding of how to ascertain a nonprofit organization’s financial health as well as its additional strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Passion for and experience in philanthropy or in the nonprofit sector.
- Ability to obtain Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy credential upon hiring or within one year of hire.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, colleagues and external constituents of diverse backgrounds and socio-economic standings.
Beautiful work environment + generous benefits, including flex time.