Join beloved non-profit with a robust volunteer base in newly created Volunteer Coordinator position.
Serving as a resource and helping to manage and facilitate a group of 100 volunteers in the Neonatal Department, you will enjoy leading volunteer efforts in your department while being a part of the overarching campus volunteer program.
With an affinity for building relationships, coaching and mentoring people and facilitating the flow of information, you thrive in a liaison role.
With prior volunteer coordinator or program management experience, you also have the know-how to establish protocols, build out programs and provide infrastructure in new position.
- Act as a liaison with Campus Volunteer team to recruit new
- Provide all initial training and manage the volunteer efforts department
- Work closely with Campus Volunteer department during organization wide orientations to provide departmental information and overviews of department Volunteer
- Coordinate, schedule and provide training for each of volunteer roles within the department on an as needed
- In coordination with the Campus Volunteer Manager, update and maintain accurate job descriptions for each volunteer role and create job descriptions for newly added
- Coordinate Volunteer schedules and post current schedules weekly to reflect any and all schedule updates (i.e. switched shifts or time off). Ensure the reporting of accurate volunteer hours to the Campus Volunteer
- Supervise and monitor the performance of all departmental Assess volunteers’ abilities, understanding, and compliance with the program expectations and objectives, redirect as needed, providing clear communication and feedback in a positive manner.
- Promote retention of volunteers through recognition, outreach, feedback and Assess volunteer understanding of and compliance with both organizational and program expectations and objectives. Provide additional training and assistance if needed.
- Take the lead in resolving conflicts in a timely and sensitive manner and or ask for assistance when In sensitive situations, coordinate the mediation with or discipline of volunteers with Campus Volunteer Manager.
- Produce regular e-news and updates regarding protocols, biosecurity and any developments within the department that will affect Volunteer
- Perform clerical functions including answering phones, initiating and responding to emails and creating and filing
- 2 years of administrative experience as well as prior experience coordinating and supervising staff/volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and interact with a wide range of personalities and work styles, both individually and within groups of diverse
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to manage and resolve conflicts in a professional Ability to lead others and work as a member of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce experience a Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work 2 weekends per month or as needed.
Generous benefits and beautiful work environment!