Mission based, healthcare organization in Novato is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to assist in improving processes and procedures to ensure an efficient and accurate payroll department. This is a 6-9 month, temporary job, with a possibility of being hired on.
In this role, you will perform extensive and thorough analysis of all Payroll processes and procedures to ensure compliance with both US Labor Laws and California Payroll Laws, identify any payroll issues and present recommendations to management.
- Review ADP Payroll system to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws,
- Review the processing of a biweekly, multi-state payroll for salary and hourly, full time and part time employees.
- Review the new hires and payroll related change process for efficiency and overall improvements.
- Review garnishments, support payments, and other required withholdings.
- Review monthly and quarterly reports from payroll system as well as create ad hoc report
- Review ADP Time & Attendance system for opportunity to gain efficiencies and improve overall payroll process.
- College Degree Required (Bachelor or Associate)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) credentials required
- Significant payroll experience in organization size of at least 300+ employees
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Experience with full scope of ADP Payroll Time & Attendance software.
- Understanding of federal, state and local hourly and salaried timekeeping rules/regulations, related to overtime and shift differentials.
- Multi-state payroll experience