Growing e-commerce company with headquarters in Novato seeking Senior Accountant to join friendly and upbeat team.
Reporting to the Controller, you enjoy working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment that operates similar to a startup. You are a team player who loves rolling with the ebb and flow of changing priorities, preferring a dynamic and lively work environment to a more predictable work environment. You are resourceful, a self-starter, quick on your feet and eager to jump in. Retail or e-commerce experience tops off your areas of expertise.
In this position, your primary focus will be maintaining the GL, helping to establish internal control processes and liaising with the NetSuite implementation team to ensure a successful transition and implementation. Working cross departmentally, you enjoy interfacing with various departments throughout the organization and streamlining processes.
- Own GL related month-end close tasks and ensure financials are in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and enter journal entries for various business transactions (cash, accruals, fixed assets, expenses)
- Maintain amortization schedules such as prepaid expenses and intangible assets
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations, research reconciling items and prepare adjusting journal entries as necessary for major key accounts which include fixed assets, cash, accruals, inter-company and prepaid assets
- Responsible for Fixed Asset roll-forward schedule and maintenance of Fixed Asset schedule within Oracle
- Support financial planning and analysis on the completion of monthly and quarterly Actual vs. Forecast reporting; research on actual vs forecast variances; collect/provide requested schedules for FP&A on regular basis
- Support the Senior Accounting Manager and other team members with various analysis and ad hoc projects
- Collaboration with accounting counterparts in China to perform various month-end responsibilities
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems quickly, creatively and proactively
- Work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks both related and unrelated to accounting
- BS in Accounting or related field, advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting experience, including public and private companies
- Retail or e-commerce experience.
- Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Month-end close experience required.
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks, NetSuite OR similar ERP experience required along with recent ERP system implementation experience is a plus. Advanced Microsoft Office skills – must have advanced Excel skills.
- Outstanding oral communication, analytical and written skills required.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough.