If cold calling is not your forte but educating and informing qualified leads and referrals through the thoughtful unearthing and understanding of their needs is, this may be your next landing spot. Converting recommendations into individualized programs and managing those programs, you will enjoy tending to a myriad of details while keeping the macro view in mind.
In addition to work that impacts people’s lives, you value a close knit team based culture that is highly professional, friendly, fast paced but collegial and non-bureaucratic. You thrive on being an integral part of a small team but enjoy an autonomous role with a steep learning curve where you will be challenged and rewarded for your long-term investment.
You have an interest in education, college admissions, relationship development and management.
- Conduct several consultative sales calls per day with potential clients, typically by phone and occasionally in person. Make customized and student-centric program recommendations based on extensive conversations. Follow up with prospective clients conscientiously and thoughtfully.
- Convert recommendations into individualized tutoring programs and manage those programs to successful and highly satisfying outcomes. You will actively manage several hundred one-on-one programs per year and provide a level of personalized service that consistently leads to enthusiastic word-of-mouth referrals and long term loyalty.
- Make thoughtful tutor matches for each client. Supervise the tutor-client relationship; provide ongoing strategic guidance and expertise related to college admission testing and preparation; resolve any program-related concerns.
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with clients; strengthen relationships with tutors by providing ongoing support, evaluating performance, and offering professional development and mentoring.
- Deepen relationships with school-based and independent college counselors by consulting with them on program recommendations and providing student progress reports.
- Exceptional interpersonal instincts and are skilled in all modes of communication
- Prior experience in relationship management/sales, tutoring and/or experience in private school or college admissions
- High comfort level with or interest in college admission testing process
- Willingness to embrace a challenging learning curve and being open to a long term role
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred
Generous benefits, matching 401K, stipend towards gym membership and beautiful recently renovated offices!