Exciting opportunity at beloved, well established non-profit! As the Payroll/Accounting Specialist, you will be playing a key role in the organization. Be an integral part of the Finance team and join dedicated employees and a supportive community.
This position is responsible for processing payroll, accounting transactions, including accounts payable, cash disbursements, and bank deposits. Additional responsibilities include supporting HR with benefits processing and maintaining benefits database.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll through an outside payroll service
- Prepare journal entry to post payroll expenses by department to the general ledger
- Reconcile payroll and payroll tax expense to quarterly payroll report filings
- Manage vendor list and administer W-9 forms
- Enter approved invoices, ensuring transactions are coded and processed accurately
- Support HR department with benefits processing and maintaining of benefits database.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business, from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years of accounting or bookkeeper experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2+ years of payroll processing experience
- 1 year of accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of Paylocity Payroll or working experience of similar platforms preferred