Looking to work in the healthcare field? A well established healthcare organization is in need of an immediate experienced medial biller to handle commercial accounts (HMO, PPO, Work Comp, County, etc.) from billing to resolution. This is a 3 month, full time, temporary position that may extend. Hours are M-F, 8am to 4:30pm. Great opportunity to get your foot in the door in the growing healthcare field. The successful completion of a background and drug screen required prior to assignment start.
- Responsible for timely and correct initial billing
- Run outstanding balance reports and research, collect or re-bill
- Initiate written appeals for contract discrepancies and underpayments.
- Correct and appeal claims
- Process payments
- Research and follow up through phone calls, investigative work, re-bills, to assure accounts are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge of State and Federal guidelines
- Review Expected Payment variance reports
- Review underpayments to determine reason and appropriate action required to correct discrepancies
- Research and complete credit/charge corrections and write-offs
- Handle all levels of questions from insurance companies, governmental agencies, patients, and doctor’s offices
- 3+ years of experience in acute care hospital business office
- Thorough knowledge of coordination of benefits relative to primary vs secondary payers
- Comprehension of commercial payer reimbursement to determine contract compliance and payment performance.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills