Long established and highly regarded specialized contracting firm seeking take charge, energetic and genuinely upbeat Office Manager to fill key role within a small family oriented business.
Working closely with the owner, you will handle billing, invoicing, labor scheduling and a host of other responsibilities.
Working behind the front counter with the shop right behind you, interruptions don’t faze you but rather punctuate your day with an array people interaction.
Always one to take the initiative, you are a born go-getter, are described by your friends as a Type A personality who is not afraid to push things along and make them happen, all with a smile on your face.
Curious, you are one who loves learning, picking up on new things with ease and competence. You consider yourself a quick study and relish the thought of learning a specialty field, confident in your ability to absorb and assimilate new information.
You value a company that values its employees, thrive in a fast paced work environment and love the fact that you can wear jeans to work.
- Quote pricing, manage purchase orders, schedule labor and do job invoicing
- Field questions and provide customer service
- Pay vendor bills and negotiate utility bills
- Manage contracts, workers comp audits
- Process weekly payroll, manage 401K contributions
- Make weekly bank deposits
- Interface with CPA, providing reports and sales tax data
- Handle escalated customer calls and vendor disputes
- 5 years’ experience in the construction field in office manager and/or bookkeeping role
- Impeccable follow through skills and attention to detail
- MS Office proficiency; Sage experience a plus
- A genuine desire to work in a small business where your contribution makes as immediate impact
Excellent benefits including casual work environment, paid week off between Christmas and New Years and early get away Fridays.
Position to start in January.