High end residential contractor who measures their success by the loyalty of their customers and referrals and treats their employees in kind is seeking an Office Manager to replace incumbent who is retiring after 10 years.
As the newest member of this small, cohesive team, you will enjoy a warm and friendly office environment, relaxed yet professional, where the focus is on providing the highest level of attention to a discerning group of clients.
Managing the office, your role is varied, including general admin support, bookkeeping assistance, human resource oversight and IT support. One known to jump in and make things happen, you have a precise mind, a clear and accurate communication style, and an easygoing manner.
You pride yourself on your attention to detail, integrity, quality of character and strong work ethic. You bring a level of intelligence, natural curiosity and thoughtfulness to your work and enjoy a small office environment where your contribution makes a large impact.
- Provide administrative assistance to the President and other staff as required.
- Develop, implement and update written office policies and procedures.
- Oversee inventory and order office supplies as necessary; oversee maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintain and manage computer network and ensure appropriate backup and storage of computer files.
- Greet visitors and callers, manage daily mail, organize and compose office correspondence, financial and other reports.
- Maintain personnel records and employee services including insurance, Simple IRA and all benefits.
- Maintain list of all vendors and subcontractors, and all jobs and customers – past and current.
- Monitor the general liability, auto, worker’s compensation and health insurance policies.
- Monitor Subcontractors General Liability, Workman’s Comp and California Contractor License.
- Performs accounts payable accounting functions, including weekly payroll.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices.
- Prepare payroll online, approve, download reports, enters in accounting program.
- Performs accounts receivable functions including billing, processing of invoices and record keeping.
- Maintain positive customer, employee and public relations.
- Maintain professional image; demonstrates integrity and confidentiality.
- 3-5 years’ office management experience, ideally in the construction or related field.
- Strong MS Office skills; experience with Sage or other accounting software a plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and communication skills, high level of confidentiality
Generous benefits, casual work environment + central location = fabulous opportunity!