Are you an experienced RN Nursing Supervisor that takes pride in making a positive impact on patients and their families? In this role, you will provide oversight, mentoring and training for Nurses and Medical Assistants, in addition to ensuring clinical coverage on a daily basis.
Beautiful Larkspur setting and excellent benefits package!
- Reviews provider order, patient’s medical record including appropriate labs, medications and allergies prior to procedure.
- Provides patient education for cardiovascular disease management and procedures.
- Performs patient assessment, obtains vital signs, start IVs and connects EKG leads in clinic and testing center department as needed.
- Reviews electrocardiograms, identifies any rhythm changes and/or abnormalities before, during and after procedure and reports to the Cardiologist on-site.
- Assesses symptoms and implements plan of care as directed by cardiologist.
- Administers chemical stress and/or IV / PO medications per protocol.
- Monitors for adverse reactions and responds quickly to emergency situations per ACLS guidelines.
- Acts as triage nurse and/or supports arrhythmia team duties in the clinic as assigned.
- Assists the Clinical Director on matters relating to nursing practices and participates in development of policies and protocols for patient care.
- Documents clinical information in the Electronic Health Record and maintains patient confidentiality per HIPPA.
- Initiates and maintains personal professional development as required for CEUs.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum of two year ICU / CCU and/or cardiovascular clinic experience.
- Non-invasive cardiac diagnostic testing experience.
- Knowledge of computer database programs and electronic health record.
- BSN preferred.