If you enjoy providing cheerful personalized attention in a busy medical office environment, we have the position for you!
In this role, you will be counted on to provide an excellent patient experience. You will do this by being enthusiastic and creative, professional, dependable and motivated. In addition to working primarily in a Front Office role, you will cross train to work the back office as needed, where solid administrative skills are key along with a mature and calm demeanor. 1 year medical experience highly desired.
- Answer telephones in a cheerful manner.
- Schedule appointments.
- Take messages for patients using electronic medical records.
- Greet and check in patients.
- Collect co-payments.
- Address patient requests and inquires.
- Resolve patient concerns.
- Process insurance issues (i.e., verifications and authorizations) and assist patients in understanding insurance plans.
- Return calls as necessary
- Demonstrated punctuality, reliability and professionalism.
- One year of related medical office experience, medical assisting experience a plus.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Experienced multi-tasker.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with, and proficiency in, electronic medical records. Use of Allscripts
- software a plus, but not required.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft office.