Busy nonprofit healthcare office seeking an experienced Medical Biller / Patient Account Representative to cover a 4+ week leave of absence. In this role, you are responsible for knowing all pieces of the billing cycle and will be entering charges into the practice management system, NextGen.
- Provides excellent customer service when answering questions and finding resolutions to billing issues.
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Answers billing questions and acts as a resource for billing department.
- Works closely with the clinics front and back office personnel to pro-actively resolve and prevent billing errors.
- Accurately verifies patient eligibility via the Internet.
- Accurately and thoroughly inputs patient information in practice management system.
- Reviews information and updates patient accounts by accessing various screens and accurately updating account information.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks directed by Patient Accounts Manager and Director of Patient Accounts.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Must have one year experience in a medical setting.
- Prior experience with NextGen is preferred but not required.
- Accounts receivable experience a plus.
- Knowledge of health-care insurance and billing experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) environment is preferred.
- Ability to effectively process error free data entry Experience with government and commercial payors a plus.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask and be able to organize duties.
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions and carry out projects independently.
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent attention to detail skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within department and with external customers helping to insure department efficiency.