Highly regarded philanthropic organization seeking an eager and intrinsically motivated Investment Accountant to join their dedicated, warm and friendly team. If you are one who thrives on problem solving and puzzles, delves into the depths of the details, loves learning and owning your body of work, you may have found a perfect fit.
Self-sufficient, you love taking the initiative, jumping in with both feet and producing a large volume of work.
As Investment Accountant, you will perform investment accounting and analysis, provide supporting organization accounting, oversee quarterly fund statement processing and provide analysis for monthly close process.
- Record investment transactions for all entities, funds and investment groups. Reconcile bank and investment accounts and prepare roll forward analysis of investment accounts. Work with investment managers, investment custodian and investment advisor to ensure investment accounting and reporting is accurate.
- Develop reporting tools to streamline and enhance existing reports and processes for investments to management and the audit and tax return.
- Prepare and review the subsidiary ledgers for investment gains and losses, investment income, and other accounts as necessary.
- Prepare and review quarterly fund statements. Prepare ad hoc investment reports as requested.
- Prepare transfers to and from investment pools for deposits, redemptions and rebalancing.
- Record monthly investment gains and losses, investment income, purchase/redemption and other transactions as necessary.
- Prepare quarterly donor fund statements and review administrative fees and investment returns for accuracy prior to management review. Resolve variances in the donor statement exception reports.
- Assist with monthly close process, including preparation of analysis of accounts for all funds. Assist with annual audit and tax return.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field.
- Three years of recent accounting experience, including the tasks noted above.
- Proficient writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to gather and organize information appropriately.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), and the ability to effectively utilize proprietary software.
- Strong planning and implementation skills; research and synthesizing abilities.
- Excellent ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple competing assignments and responsibilities.
- A high degree of professionalism, confidence and flexibility that allows you to work collaboratively and effectively with clients and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Enjoy a beautiful work environment, comprehensive benefits package and collaborative and supportive culture.