Immediate need for Human Resources Manager with hospitality and worker’s comp experience to join a beloved and growing Marin business. Reporting to the HR Director, you will oversee the day to day operations of the HR Department in support of 250+ employees. Bilingual skills in Spanish a plus.
If you love building relationships with your employee base, thrive in an ever changing and dynamic work environment, enjoy a hands on role where you get to implement processes and make an impact this is the job for you! Great benefits and central location. Hire contingent on passing Background and Credit Check.
- Oversee workers’ compensation claims, payroll functions, leave of absence management, employee relations, investigations, and benefit administration.
- Develop and update job postings, screen applicants, coordinate interview schedules and communicate final selections.
- Keep Policies and Procedures manual up to date with changes to state and federal laws.
- Maintain and organize all employee files, both digital and paper, maintaining utmost accuracy.
- Create an open door environment for employees to engage in confidential and relevant advice or guidance on various HR related matters.
- 3 – 5 years’ of Human Resources experience
- Bilingual skills in Spanish a plus
- Restaurant or hospitality experience a plus
- Knowledge of federal and California labor laws
- Thorough understanding of wage and hour and other employment laws
- Employee relations experience, including exposure to investigations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- HRIS experience. Sage Time Vantage and Pay Star Online Employer (a big plus)