Stable and long established company in the construction business looking to hire Senior Credit Manager.
Reporting directly to the owner and being part of a two person credit team, you bring expert knowledge of credit analysis, credit management and risk reduction.
- Implement and update credit extension procedures in line with company policies.
- Evaluate all credit applications and recommend appropriate extension of credit.
- Recommend credit limits for new accounts.
- Conduct bank and trade reference checks.
- Review customer information (i.e. Credit Application, Personal Guarantee, etc.) prior to setting up new accounts to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Review existing accounts to ensure continued credit worthiness of customer.
- Monitor aged AR.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Work closely with Cash Applications Department to ensure all cash is posted to correct customer accounts.
- Respond to customer phone calls/inquiries.
- Supervise the AR assistant, providing guidance when needed.
- Expert knowledge of credit analysis, credit management, and the ability to identify and reduce risk.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook. AS400 experience a plus.
- Knowledge of liens in the construction industry highly desired.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Central location, terrific benefits with matching 401K + casual work environment.