Non-profit seeking experienced Controller for immediate contract assignment.
To succeed in this team oriented department, you have strong verbal communication skills, the ability to collaborate with variety of constituents and experience and a minimum of five years’ related work experience.
- Coordination and compilation of financial statements, including statement of cash flow, and related filings in compliance with GAAP, creditors, or other reporting requirements.
- Review monthly closing process and ensure accurate internal financial statement presentation and reporting, in a timely manner.
- Develop, plan, implement and administer departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively assist and participate in preparation, implementation, and control of the annual budget and monthly re-forecast/projections.
- Develop active and proactive business relationships, both internally and externally, to include but not limited to:
- Internal: Audit and Investment Committees of the Board, members of the executive team, and other departments.
- External: Outside auditors, legal counsel, creditors, investment custodians, insurance brokers, cash and banking managers.
- Serve as advisor and agent for departments to implement efficient accounting and financial policies and procedures, including desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare meaningful financial information for external, internal or credit purposes. Organize and present financial information to executive management.
- Coordinate audit activities.
- Provide ad-hoc or special project reports as requested by Vice President for Finance and Administration or other executive management.
- Account for and prepare reports on investments.
- Evaluate, and coordinate all cash management and banking services.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management, or related field.
- Minimum five years of related work experience, including management experience.
- CPA certification.
- Proficiency in accounting/financial management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrate principles of supervision, including employee recruitment, training, development, and performance evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated team player with solid technical accounting and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Ability to provide a service-oriented approach to clients, both internal and external.
- Master’s degree in accounting, financial management, or related field preferred.