Long established green residential and commercial building company seeking savvy Controller to lead small accounting team and interface with various departments within the organization.
In this role, you will add value and improve the Company’s Financial and Risk Management functions and procedures by embracing technology, employing a willingness to accept change and committing to annual continuing education and training.
- Oversee two accounting professionals
- Prepare the monthly financial package including an updated WIP
- Coordinate monthly payroll and compliance for the management group
- Prepare the annual financials
- Coordinate Review Engagement and Balance Sheet Support needed with outside CPA
- Oversee the various insurances including General Liability, Excess Liability, Business Auto, Workers Compensation, EPLI and Management Liability
- Assist with Client I Owner Prime contracts when requested
- Review Subcontractor Agreement Templates and update as needed
- Cash flow and job specific analysis as required
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. CPA highly preferred
- 5 years+ Construction industry experience
- Prior experience managing a team
- Prior experience in hands on role with much interdepartment overlap