Take charge yet humble and nurturing, you are a voracious learner who has a passion for digging in and mastering new systems and embracing new technology.
With an entrepreneurial and open spirit, you take tremendous pride in your work counting your impeccable attention to detail, exceptional client service and high level of personal and professional integrity as some of your strongest attributes.
You are just as comfortable stepping up and running the show as you are yielding to others and assuming a background role.
You value a company that values your ideas, your views, your opinions, feeling confident putting them forth but not attached to seeing them consistently implemented.
You come to work each day passionate about the work you do and driven by the contribution you make to the overall success of the company.
In the position you will be provided with thorough training, a sense of autonomy and an expanding role as you take on office operations management responsibilities so as to free up the President to grow the firm.
Financial Services industry experience highly desired though related experience with the willingness to learn and the ability and desire to take on a steep learning curve will be considered.
Your role will include:
Client Support: Provide superior service that results in client retention and referrals.
- Greet clients, provide hospitality and front-line “marketing”.
- Complete new account applications and contracts, obtaining all necessary documentation.
- Monitor and track the transfer of accounts/assets.
- Implement and track income/IRA distributions to clients.
- Distribute tax and portfolio reports to client representatives.
- Research and follow-through of problems and inquiries until resolved.
- Interface between the company and brokers / custodians / consultants.
- Respond to phone and written inquiries from clients.
- Assemble materials for appointments and marketing presentations.
- Prepare for materials for client education forums/presentations.
- Assemble and mail quarterly portfolio reports and all client mailings.
- Develop and maintain tracking system for client projects/action items.
Portfolio Administration: Administer portfolio accounting and financial planning projects.
- Implement trade orders at direction of President and confirm upon completion.
- Track investment management and consulting fees.
- Interface with portfolio accounting (Advent) and IT outsource groups.
- Assist compliance consultant with periodic compliance filings.
Office Operations Management: Oversee and manage operations that result in seamless efficiency.
- Answer phones, open and distribute mail, draft correspondence, file, and copy.
- Manage office vendors, maintain equipment, monitor and order supplies.
- Maintain client-related database using ACT!.
- Develop, organize and maintain office procedures, processes and computer files.
- Develop systems to streamline workflow at all levels
- Seek cost reductions with vendors.
- Maintain central calendar and office appearance.
- The ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Excellent grammar, spelling and written communication skills
- The ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport – excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude and willingness to learn
- Strong time management skills, flexibility and a self-directed work ethic
- Experience in financial services
- The ability to take immediate “ownership” of your work
- Excellent computer skills, MS Word, Excel
- Accuracy and completeness in work
- Team player attitude
- Participate at all appropriate levels without regard to any job description that may be implied by employee’s title.
Fabulous benefits + beautiful office located right off of Highway 101 in Central Marin.