Serve as the hub of a hopping department in this Admin Coordinator role with beloved Marin non-profit.
If you love dogs as much as people and thrive on multi-tasking and constantly changing gears in a dynamic environment, you will look forward to coming to work each and every day in this position.
Interfacing with staff, volunteers, donors, visitors, breeder custodians and dog adopters, you project a warm and friendly demeanor while staying on task with the project in front of you.
Managing a multitude of administrative and office functions, you relish in relieving your boss of day to day details and facilitating the communication flow of the department.
- Greet, assist, or redirect internal and external clients (including but not limited to: donors, visitors, tours, raisers, breeder custodians, campus volunteers, graduates, dog adopters, members of any department or board). Handles and routes telephone calls and emails.
- Tracks the flow of dogs into and out of the Canine Welfare/Neonatal Department’s care. Handles the intake and release of dogs to raisers, breeder custodians, adopters, temporary homes, volunteer drivers, medical facilities, events, or other schools. Assure that any special requirements are recorded and observed.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Kennel Registry data. Check sign in and out sheets for accuracy and makes changes as needed, clean up data or submit requests to appropriate persons, oversee the weekly kennel inventory.
- Inventory and order food for both program and staff animals and kennel and office supplies.
- Fulfills other duties assigned, ranging from administrative, clerical, presentation, project, or computer-related, cleaning and dog care work, as requested.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience. Experience caring for dogs in a kennel or vet environment highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills individually and with groups of diverse constituents.
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills, professional demeanor with the public, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead others and work as a member of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Generous benefits and beautiful work environment!