Joining a stable and long established commodity firm as an integral part of their 10 person team you will provide both executive and bookkeeping support to this group of tenured professionals.
As the sole admin support, your responsibilities will range from preparing correspondence and marketing materials, to invoicing and reconciliation, to front office phones and vendor liaison to travel arrangements and heavy data entry.
Sharp, on the ball, and super organized, you think on your feet, prioritize effectively and love working in a customer-centric business where your professionalism and work ethic are highly valued.
You have a strong aptitude for numbers, with a bookkeeping background or other related accounting experience
You are highly computer literate with advanced skills on MSOffice, with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
You possess a genuine and helpful nature and consider your oral and written communication skills among your top strengths along with your organizational skills and timely completion of projects.
- Enter and reconcile shipment data into the company’s proprietary software
- Draft business correspondence and send using Word mail merge or Outlook category distribution list
- Post shipment details from customer invoices
- Request missing invoices
- Enter and reconcile payments, send monthly statements
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Communicate with supplier AP personnel
- Bind presentation books and process overnight shipments
- Add or update business contacts in Outlook and proprietary software
- Maintain office equipment (copier, postage, etc.) using appropriate resources
- Communicate with Class A building landlord and HVAC provider on building issues
- Take notes in Staff Meetings of “Action Items”
- Follow up with suppliers on missing invoices
- Orders supplies and maintain on-hand inventory of business stationery components
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a client-focused professional environment, with a proven track record of supervisor satisfaction.
- Prior bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Ability to prioritize and manage daily tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Windows 7 Professional Suite, with particular emphasis in Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent benefits including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, generous profit sharing.