Local, beloved nonprofit seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist for a long-term, part-time, temporary assignment. Reports to the Controller as part of a friendly and hardworking team. Flexible schedule!
Ideal candidate has at least 2 years of Accounts Payable experience using NetSuite (or similar program), is able to work independently, is detailed and organized, with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate information clearly.
In this role, you will support all aspects of Accounts Payables including:
- Preparing approved invoices for payment and verifying coding and accuracy.
- Processing payments timely and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolving inquiries about open accounts payable items.
- Generating P.O.’s and processing bills and payments.
- Processing and overseeing expense reimbursement and reporting including credit cards.
- Interfacing with management to secure approvals and accurate coding as budgeted.
- Maintaining accounts payable files and records. Ensuring new vendor information is acquired prior to payment, including Form W-9.
- Preparing annual 1099’s.
- Responding to vendor, employee and client inquiries regarding invoices, expenses and check requests; resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Reconciling monthly vendor statements.
- Demonstrated accounting experience with automated accounts payable systems. NetSuite and AvidXchange module a plus but not required.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of federal and state law related to 1099 Independent Contractor reporting.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting is a plus but not required.